Higher education institutions are in a unique position in which they have to manage several students, applications, classes, lecturers, accounts and more every day. As you can imagine, managing, aligning and streamlining these operations and processes with all the different moving parts is complex. This is why these institutions are turning to higher education Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software solutions. Below, we look at how these solutions enhance operational efficiency in higher education institutions with ERP Management Software.
What is ERP, and what is its purpose?
To understand how an ERP software solution positively impacts a higher education institution, we need to understand what this software does. ERP management solutions are a form of software that businesses can manage different daily business activities. These activities include accounting, procurement, risk management, compliance, project management, supply chain management etc. With this software, businesses can plan, budget, predict and report on financials, enhance visibility, and ensure operational efficiency and overall profitability.
What Is a Higher Education ERP System?
Higher education ERP systems have been slightly adapted to fit the unique needs of higher education institutions. These software systems help institutions manage business workflows by streamlining the information between all institutional functions, operations and departments. This kind of software significantly impacts the planning, designing, and operations of all academic resources. It also assists in the automation of various elements related to the student life cycle while helping lecturers manage their class and exam timetables, room bookings and administrative tasks.
ERP Systems Functionalities in Higher Education
From the above, it is clear that higher education ERPs, like Adapt IT Educations ITS Integrator, play a critical role in the effective running of the institutions as they fulfil several different functionalities. These include:
- Admissions management – this software automates several processes that enable an institution to reduce the number of student enquiries. It also makes the process of application and student registration that much easier.
- Attendance management – through this kind of solution , institutions can track students attendance through schedule integration to create attendance reports and class rosters.
- Fee and payment management – this solution makes it much easier for institutions to track fees and manage payments across multiple courses.
- Course management – through this type of ERP system , the institution can manage courses about sections, credits, and the number of hours required for all classes.
- Faculty management – this software enables faculty management in the form of recruitment, the creation of lecturer profiles, and a breakdown of their schedules and workloads.
- Student information/records system – with this system , institutions can create and manage detailed student profiles and integrate student information from all different course modules in a centralised location.
- Academic analytics – institutions can access essential analytics and insights into student academic activities. This provides critical information on headcounts, popular courses etc.
- Student portal – many ERP systems incorporate student self-service platforms that enable them to enrol, register and pay for courses , and find out information related to their course work, timetables, and more.
- Certificate/document management – this software will allow students, lecturers and admin staff to access certificates and documents through an automatic or manual approval process.
- Inventory management – this system enables the creation and management of inventory elements, including textbooks, computers, lab equipment, and more.
What does higher education ERP Management Software have to offer?
Now that we have highlighted the different functionalities that higher education ERP systems often provide, it is essential to understand how these functionalities enhance overall operational efficiency and profitability for these institutions. To do this, we have highlighted several benefits that these solutions provide:
- Enhanced Control – with a centralised database and all information necessary at your fingertips, this software solution will enable institutions to control all administrative processes from one integrated platform.
- Better connectivity – this system aims to improve connectivity among all institutional stakeholders, including students, lecturers, parents, and staff members. All stakeholders can effectively find the information required and receive answers to questions quickly.
- Smart technology – the new generation of students are technology-focused , which means that ERP systems must be agile enough to move with the times and adapt to the latest technology needs of students, such as the provision for self-service portals and remote access to libraries etc. This kind of software makes provision for this.
- Streamlined Reporting – this kind of solution provides streamlined, aligned and integrated reporting capabilities that will allow you to access essential business and student analytics related to fees, headcounts, employee records and more.
From the above, ERP solutions are vital to the effective management of higher education institutions, but there are a few key considerations to note when choosing the right ERP system for your needs. You want to ensure that the software selected supports all integrations so that you have complete visibility across operations in all departments. The solution should be scalable, allowing for fixability and making provision for growth. The service provider should also offer you exceptional customer support to ensure you and your staff know how to effectively take advantage of all aspects of the software solution.
By utilising higher education ERP technologies, institutions can streamline their processes, systems and operations to enhance efficiency and profitability. This software system makes it possible for institutions to efficiently manage the registration process, financial management, student records, etc. Book a demo with Adapt IT Education today for more on how this innovative ERP solution can impact your higher education institution.